Snapchat is a great app, where you can send quick little messages and pictures to the rest of your friends group; but the fact that this is an incredibly easy and popular platform doesn’t mean that everyone that uses it will be completely in love with the way that this platform works in the end, and this is why a lot of people tends to looking for a way to delete account SnapChat, but finding out what you need to be able to do this, can be a little tricky.
So, to be able to terminate your SnapChat account you will have two choices: you can either terminate this account temporarily or you can delete the account permanently. Whichever you choose to do, we will explain you exactly what are the steps that you need to do. So, thanks to this explanation you will have no trouble in performing, whichever of these two processes that you choose to do in a quick way without worrying about doing this wrong.
Deactivate your SnapChat account.
Like with many other social media accounts, you will not be able to delete or deactivate your account from the app itself, you will have to enter the support page of SnapChat from any browser you prefer, you can do this from any device: a smartphone, a tablet or a computer, but it has to be done on the browser, it cannot be from the app, it will not work that way.
It may interest you: Delete Account Kik
Now, if you are looking for a way to deactivate the account, this means that it will not be completely deleted and you will have some time to see if you regret this decision, you will have to perform the following steps that we will explain below.
- First, you will have to enter the support page of the platform, and once you are in there you will have to enter the section of the page where you can delete account snapchat.
- Once you are in this section, make sure to enter your SnapChat name, and then enter your password, and check the little box that says “you are not a robot”.
- After that is done, you will have to enter ‘submit’, by clicking on the button that has that name.
- Once you have done this, you will have to write down this information all over again and then click on the button that says ‘continue’.
- Now, your account will be officially deactivated, you will have around 30 days to keep your account this way, you will receive an email with the instructions to reactivate this account but you will have around 30 days to do this.
Reactivate your account
If you have deactivated your account on SnapChat, but feel the need to go back to this platform again, it will be easy to enter again since you haven’t really deleted it yet, but you have to remember that this change of mind has to happens before the 30 days following the deactivation end. But if you follow this next step, you will be able to do this quickly without any kind of trouble.
- First, you will have to open the SnapChat app, on whatever device you usually use.
- After that, you will log in normally, use your old username and password.
- The only difference that you will see once you enter is that you will have to click “yes”, once the application will ask you if you wish to reactivate your account.
- Then you will tap on the ‘ok’ button you will receive, and after that you will see that an email letting you know that the account was reactivated will get to you. After that, you can go back to using the account the way you want to do this without any kind of problem.
Can you delete account SnapChat permanently?
Now, if you really don’t like this platform and are looking a more permanent way to delete account SnapChat at the moment, you will not have too much trouble doing this, we will explain to you exactly what it is that you have to do to, but before you do this you have to be completely sure that this is something that you want to do since, the only way you will be able to come back to the platform after doing this will be by creating a new account.
So, if you are looking for how to complete this process, it is something very simple really, but you have to remember that you will not be able to do this if you are accessing this platform through the app, since the support page will not open once you are in a browser not the app. Follow these next steps:
- First, enter the support page for the Snapchat Platform, there you will have to locate the different sections that you have access to here, and when you find the ‘Delete my account’ option, make sure to enter that.
- Once you find yourself in this section, you will have to do the same you did to be able to deactivate the account, enter your password and username and then click on ‘submit’, and then enter this information again.
- After you have completed the amount of information that you need to enter, you will receive an email telling you that the account has been deactivated.
- Now, all you have to do is wait for those 30 days, once that time has passed your account will no longer exist in this platform.
Check to see if it worked
If the time has passed, but you are not completely sure that the delete account SnapChat worked, you can always check to see if the account is no longer there. Doing this is very simple. All you have to do is go into the app, and try to log in the same way that you used to before, enter your old information, and after the platform has processed it, you will see a message that says that the “account doesn’t exist”.
Remember to do this after the 30 days has passed, since if it hasn’t, you will receive the message to reactivate it.