If you need to delete account Skype in this article we show you easily how to do it.
Skype is one of the most popular software where you can make video calls and conferences. And for this reason we are sure that at some point you have created an account. Or depending on what you do at work you might even have multiple accounts.
If you are reading this article we are sure that you will have reason why you want to delete this account. Whether that is because you simply got tired of it or you just don’t need the account because the reason why you created it is not necessary anymore. So whichever the reason is, you will just have to keep reading to find out what you have to do to be able to do it correctly.
How to delete account Skype
If you are thinking about deleting your Skype account you have to make sure that this is what you really want to do. This is because your Skype account is directly connected to your Microsoft account. Which means that all of the services are centralized in one single account. And because of that if you delete one of them all of the other Microsoft-linked accounts will be deleted too.
But if you are completely sure that this is what you want to do, you will only have to follow the following steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing that you will have to do is enter the Microsoft web page and simply sign in the same way that you would normally do. Enter your email, phone number or your skype username and click on the button that says ‘next’.
- Then enter your password and click on the button that says ‘Sign in’.
- After that you will have to verify your identity, you can either choose a code to be sent to a secondary email addresses that you provided before.
- You will not see the complete email address, so this way they know that you indeed know what is the address. Once you have selected the right account click on the button that says ‘Send code’.
- Check your inbox in that account, and once you have found the code that was sent enter it on the page and then click on ‘Verify’
- After doing this you will be sent to a page where you will see everything that will happen once you delete your Microsoft account. This is very important so make sure that you read it and understand what are the consequences of doing this. After reading you can just click ‘Next’
- After that you will have to check off each of the common account closure effects so they know that you understand what will happen with this other accounts.
- Then select the reason of why you are closing your account in the drop-down menu of options that will be in the bottom of the page and then click on the button that says ‘Mark account for closure’.
- After that Microsoft will give you 60 days before the account is completely deleted. This way if you decide that deleting it is not what you want to do anymore is enter the account again and it will be reactivate. If you don’t do this the account will be deleted permanently.
What you need to know before deleting your Skype account
Like we mentioned previously there are a few things that you should be aware of before you decide to delete your Skype account. Since even though deleting the account can be a very simple and impulsive and quick decision for you. So we need to make sure that you are completely knowledgeable of the consequences that this action can have for you.
We already mentioned this at the beginning but in case you don’t know the exact implications of this we will explain a little more broadly. Your Skype account is directly linked to every other Microsoft account that you use. Which means that when you delete this account every other one will also go away.
Which means that things like your Outlook inbox, every application in Office online. And all your OneDrive documents will no longer be available to you. So, if you decide that you want to keep this other accounts and still delete the skype account there is another option for you. You can just delete your personal data from the Skype database. So if you want to know how to do this you can just keep reading below and find out how.
Delete your personal information from Skype
If you want to keep every other Microsoft account is make sure you delete all of your personal information in Skype:
- The first thing that you have to do is sign in to your Skype account in the exact same way that you would always do.
- Once you are inside the account, you will have to click on your name or the username that is placed on the menu bar, and after that click on ‘My Account’
- Once the following page opens you will have to scroll down and click on the option that says ‘Edit Profile’
- You will be redirected to your profile, after that find the section called ‘Personal Information’ and then below you will find again the option that says ‘Edit profile’.
- After that you can clear all of your personal information, and all the details that you had previously wrote down when you created your account.
- Once you are done deleting your personal information. Look for the option that says that your account can become invisible in search results. And be left out of suggestions so no one can find your account.
- Since you can’t remove your avatar simply choose something a little more generic, you can do the same with your name.
- After that you can remove your username from the skype directory by going to the online homepage and logging in.
- Then click on ‘Account and password’ and then in ‘Delete an account’, after that wait two weeks and it will be officially removed.
This doesn’t mean that the account is completely gone, but people won’t be able to find you unless they already have you in their contact list.