At the moment, Gmail is one of the most popular platforms used for sending emails, but the fact that this is very popular doesn’t mean that everyone will find that it covers every little aspect and feature that they need. So, after trying this platform out, or using it for many years you might be looking for a way to delete account Gmail.
But the fact that you need a Gmail account to be able to have an account in YouTube, and other Google platforms might keep you away from delete account Gmail, but there is a way to do this without losing other platforms and we will show you exactly what you need to do this.
So, if you find yourself trying to delete Gmail account, all you have to do is follow the steps that we will mention below in full, therefore, you can do this without any kind of mistake or problem arising, and you won’t have to worry about losing any special feature in the future when you try to use any other platforms like we mentioned before.
How to delete your Gmail Account
Maybe the reason why you want to delete account Gmail is because it either doesn’t cover the needs that you have for your email sending task, or maybe you found another platform that you simply feel works better for you or you simply have more than one and just want to delete account Gmail with those you don’t need.
Whatever it is the reason why you want to delete this account, the steps that you have to follow are not too complicated, but you really need to pay attention to what it is that you have to do, so you know that the process to delete account Gmail was completed without too many problems. Below we will explain this process in detail, so make sure that you do exactly as it is explained here and you will have no trouble completing this task.
Steps to delete account Gmail
The first thing that you need to know is that all of the accounts on other platforms, that you have created with the help of this account will also be removed, therefore, before you start to terminate account Gmail, you need to make sure that you changed the email user that these have since this way you will not lose those accounts once this one in particular has been deleted.
- First, you have to enter your Gmail account the same way that you are used to doing, and then enter the Google Account Settings.
- Once you are in the settings, find the option that says ‘delete your account or services’, that you will be able to find in the ‘preferences section’.
- After that, you will only have to click on ‘Delete products.’.
- Then, you will see the options of the things you want to delete, select the Gmail account that you wish to remove permanently.
- After that, you will have to give the information necessary, which is your username and then your password, once you enter this information, make sure you click on the ‘next’ button, and then on the little delete icon next to Gmail (which is the little icon).
- Enter the other different email address so you will be able to receive an email about this termination, once you receive the verification email, simply you have to click the deletion link you were sent in this email.
- If they ask you to you will have to log in, but if not you will only have to click on the button that says ‘Yes, I want to delete…’ and after that this process will be over completely.
What happens with this account?
Once this account has been permanently deleted, you will not have a chance to go back to get it again, so you have to be completely sure that you want to perform this process, you can use a service called Google Takeout or any other program for email recovery to be able to see and save all of the messages that are in there.
But the thing that we recommend the most, is that if there is any other important thing in your account that you want to save, and even if you don’t know if there, make sure you look there first before performing this delete account Gmail, so you can save all of the pictures, messages, contacts and anything else that you can think of that is here, to be able to still have all of this even if your account is no longer existent.
But also, another thing that you should know is that the reason why this information will not be saved is the fact that since you are no longer there, Gmail doesn’t have the permission to keep this conversation, as a way to assure your privacy.
What happens if someone sends information to your deleted account?
This one is a very normal question to ask, since a lot of people have these kinds of accounts for years and almost everyone they know have. For this reason, is important that you save all of the contacts that you had before deleting the account, like this you will be able to include this contacts in your new email account, and use it to let them know that you are no longer using that account, but even if you don’t let them know yourself this, Gmail has a way for them to know about this.
Once they sent an email to an account that no longer exists, they will immediately receive a message that says that this account is non-existent so they will not be waiting for a reply any time soon, and they have the chance to ask you what your new account is. But the best way to avoid this kind of problems is to immediately let everyone that are used to sending emails through this old account, that this one no longer exists, this way you save that person, and you sometime, and you will be able to receive all the important information that you need.